Electric Car Charging Times
Electric Car Charging Times
Have you considered an electric vehicle (EV) for your next Milford daily commuter? EVs are becoming increasingly popular and can be a great choice for many drivers. They provide a quiet driving experience and all of the latest and greatest technology features. But, how long does it take to charge an electric car? Electric car charging times can vary depending on the specific charger and vehicle.
But in some cases, you can get around 60 to 200 miles for only 20 to 30 minutes of charging. Learn more about electric car charging times today with Kent County Motors! We’re going to provide an in-depth answer to the question, “How long does it take to charge an electric car?” We’ll also touch on the new GMC Hummer EV super truck.
How Long Does it Take to Charge an Electric Car?
As we mentioned, there isn’t one solid answer to EV charging times. There are a variety of factors that come into play when you’re trying to figure out how fast your EV can charge. There are two main charging sources your electric vehicle can utilize, Level 1 and Level 2 chargers. Here’s some information regarding the different types of chargers and their charging times:
- Standard Home Wall Outlet (Level 1): Level 1 chargers are typically your chargers that utilize a 110V/120V charging outlet. Most commonly, these chargers use the standard wall outlet you might find in your Smyrna home. Level 1 chargers can take around 25 hours or more for a full electric charge.
- Professionally Installed/Public Chargers (Level 2): Level 2 chargers can be professionally installed in your home. Many public chargers can also be considered as Level 2 chargers. These chargers utilize 240V and more and can offer quick charging times. Level 2 chargers can fully charge your electric vehicle in a few hours. Sometimes even as quick as 20 to 30 minutes of charging for 60 to 200 miles of electric driving range.
New GMC Hummer EV Information & Charging
The Hummer has been well regarded as a fantastic off-roader with plenty of space and swagger. Introducing the new GMC Hummer, it’s returning soon to the Middletown streets as a fully electric super truck. It’ll provide incredible EV performance and all of the latest and greatest technology. Before the GMC Hummer EV is available in our showroom, let’s take a look at some of its EV performance specifications:
- Electric Range: Expect an estimated 350 plus mile driving range in pickup truck form and a 300 plus mile electric driving range in the SUV configuration for the new GMC Hummer EV.
- Charging: The GMC Hummer EV will offer an available 800V DC fast-charging system. This means you can charge up to 350KW in the pickup and 300KW in the SUV. Charging times can be as quick as 10 minutes for 100 miles of range.
- Performance: In addition to the incredible off-road performance, you can also expect exceptional on-road performance in the GMC Hummer EV. Depending on the exact configuration, your GMC Hummer EV can offer up to 1,000 hp, 11,500 lb-ft of torque, and a 0-60 time of approximately three seconds.
Get More Electric Vehicle Advice at Kent County Motors!
Whether you’re interested in our new GMC Hummer EV or you want to learn more about electric vehicles, you can count on Kent County Motors for professional advice. We’re experts on almost all things automotive so don’t hesitate to come to our knowledgeable team for more information. If you have any questions, please contact us online or visit us in Dover! Wondering about the difference between electric and hybrid vehicles? Compare electric vs. hybrid vehicles today at our dealership.
More from Kent County Motors
Sky high gas prices have increasingly made the typical morning commute less and less affordable. Are you looking for an SUV that won’t have you making frequent trips to our Milford gas stations? That’s what makes the 2023 Buick Enclave fuel efficiency so appealing. You’ll be glad to know that the new Buick Enclave…
How much can a Buick Enclave tow? The Buick Enclave towing capacity reaches up to 5,000 pounds, which unlocks brand-new potential for the open roads ahead. Whether taking a midsize camper trailer to Smyrna or pulling a flatbed trailer through Milford, the SUV is up for any challenge! Add in the optional Trailering Package,…
The Buick Enclave is an undeniable powerhouse on the Milford and Smyrna roads with its 310-hp V6 engine and 5,000-pound towing capacity, but what’s it like behind the wheel? The 2023 Buick Enclave interior showcases phenomenal luxury with a spacious layout that’s sure to impress Middletown drivers. Climb aboard the 2023 Buick Enclave interior…