2022 GMC Yukon Towing Capacity
GMC Yukon towing capacity is up to 8,400 pounds when properly equipped, giving drivers like you near Milford plenty of towing ability. While you may ask “How much can a Yukon tow?” a more illustrative way to show what, for instance, the Yukon Denali towing capacity can do is to translate numbers into commonly-towed items. A pair of jet skis, a significantly sized boat, two lightweight sports cars, and even another large SUV are some things the Yukon can tow. Ready to learn more about the Yukon or Yukon XL towing capacity? Just keep reading, or get in touch with us with questions.
How Much Can the 2022 GMC Yukon Tow?
GMC Yukon towing ability is made possible via this large SUV’s incredibly sturdy full frame, and its 5.3L V8 EcoTec3 engine that makes 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. All this and more creates conditions that enable the impressive maximum GMC Yukon towing capacity, which is up to 8,400 pounds. The GMC Yukon even has a standard trailering hitch, with a seven-wire harness and independent fused trailering circuits. These work with a seven-way connect and 2-inch trailering receiver.
GMC Yukon HD Trailering Package
For Smyrna drivers that plan to tow often with their Yukon, the available Heavy-Duty Trailering package is a great option. Beyond the above features, it also includes the following:
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
- 3.42 Axle Ratio
- Two-Speed Active Transfer Case on 4WD Models Only
- Premium Smooth Ride Suspension with Rear Air Leveler
- Yukon Maximum Payload: 1,910 pounds
- Yukon Maximum Towing: Up to 8,400 pounds
- Yukon XL Maximum Towing: Up to8,3000 pounds
Yukon Towing Safety Technology
Here are just some of the technologies that keep towing in the Yukon not just safe for Middletown drivers, but easy:
- Trailer Brake Control: Controls located behind the steering wheel allow you to configuration your trailer’s braking system.
- Hill Start Assist: With Hill Start Assist, you’ll have time to switch from the brake to the accelerator. This feature holds the brakes on your behalf, so if you’re towing on a slope, you won’t slide back.
- Trailer Sway Control: Trailer Sway Control helps keep everyone in the cabin safe by preventing trailer sway. The StabiliTrak sensors can detect when your trailer is swaying, so you can course-correct.
Learn More About the GMC Yukon with Kent County Motors
At Kent County Motors we like to provide our customers with everything they need, whether that be a new vehicle, transparent financing, or simply expert advice on things like how to trade in a car that is not paid off through our car buying tips. Visit our showroom today!
More from Kent County Motors
The Hummer has long stood out on the roads of Dover, but now with the new electric version, you can enjoy its bold look and performance while saving on gasoline. What’s more, the 2022 Hummer EV range ensures that you can still go on the same adventures as the gas-powered version without running out…
If you’re looking for serious towing power, you can find it with the 2023 GMC Sierra HD lineup. The new Sierra HD towing capacity ranges from a maximum of 18,500 pounds for the 2500 and 36,000 pounds for the Sierra 3500. With numbers like this, it’s no wonder that GMC Sierra HD trucks are…
GMC Yukon towing capacity is up to 8,400 pounds when properly equipped, giving drivers like you near Milford plenty of towing ability. While you may ask “How much can a Yukon tow?” a more illustrative way to show what, for instance, the Yukon Denali towing capacity can do is to translate numbers into commonly-towed…