What is the 2021 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity?
The GMC Sierra has earned a stellar reputation for its immense capabilities and power, but just how much can the GMC Sierra tow for 2021? When properly equipped, the 2021 GMC Sierra towing capacity reaches an impressive 11,800 pounds. So whether you need to tow heavy-duty cargo to the worksite or just a top-notch truck for your everyday driving in Milford, the Sierra opens up brand new possibilities for the open roads ahead. Take a closer look at the specs with help from Kent County Motors, and get ready for your test drive in Dover!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
The 2021 GMC Sierra towing capacity reaches its maximum of 11,800 pounds when equipped with the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and Max Trailering Package, but this versatile pickup is offered in a wide range of options to suit your Smyrna driving needs. What configuration will you choose for your upcoming adventures?
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Trim levels and accessories options
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
What Towing Features are Available?
The GMC Sierra may be a powerhouse, but it also offers a refined ride – thanks to the many high-tech features on board. Drive with total control and precision around Middletown with features like:
- Max Trailering Package: This package adds a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator to the stock configuration.
- Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: The Electronic Parking Brake prevents rolling backward by automatically engaging in Park to keep your truck firmly in place.
- Trailering Camera Package: Whether changing lanes or reversing, the dual side-view mirror cameras offer a clear view of your surroundings – and you can even add a trailer-mounted camera for extra assistance.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This smart system will automatically adjust transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping to optimize your performance.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Adjust and monitor your trailer brakes with help from a center console-mounted button.
What is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
If you want to take your towing to the next level, the available ProGrade Trailering System adds brand new technology to elevate your performance. Features include:
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Line up your trailer perfectly on the first try with visual aids like dynamic grid line and zoom capability.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Test your trailer lights easily on your own with this built-in trailer light sequence test.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Utilize handy features like pre-departure checklists, Trailer Theft Detection, and programmable trailer brake settings before you head off on your next trip.
Explore the GMC Sierra Towing Capacity with Kent County Motors
Now you know how much can the GMC Sierra tow, but what else can it do on the Dover roads? Find out by visiting Kent County Motors and getting behind the wheel! Contact us for more information about the latest model, and we’d be happy to introduce you to the lineup. You can also get a sneak preview of our new GMC Sierra inventory online. While you’re here, don’t forget to take a look at our pre-owned truck inventory which could include a used GMC Sierra if you’re looking for some savings!
More from Kent County Motors
The GMC Sierra has earned a stellar reputation for its immense capabilities and power, but just how much can the GMC Sierra tow for 2021? When properly equipped, the 2021 GMC Sierra towing capacity reaches an impressive 11,800 pounds. So whether you need to tow heavy-duty cargo to the worksite or just a top-notch truck…
Are your passengers complaining about the lack of space and technology on Milford road trips in your current ride? It’s time to upgrade with a 2021 GMC Acadia. The new GMC Acadia is not only as stylish as ever, but it also provides an interior that’s absolutely mesmerizing. From advanced safety features to generous…
When equipped with the proper powertrain and engine options, the GMC Acadia towing capacity reaches as high as 4,000 pounds — enough for many mid-sized boats and camper trailers. If you’re considering the 2021 GMC Acadia as your next vehicle in Milford, you’ll want to explore more capability specs for this rugged 3-row SUV before…